He is advised by Dr. Sean W. Smith (applied cryptography) and Dr. Sergey Bratus (language-theoretic security). Prashant spent the summers of 2016, 2017, and 2018 at SRI International (Stanford Research Institute), Menlo Park, CA to work with Dr. Ulf Lindqvist, Dr. Gabriela Ciocarlie, Dr. Bogdan Copos, and Dr. Michael Locasto.Prashant is interested in the following areas of Computer Security:
- Language-Theoretic Security
- Social Aspects of Privacy
- Usable Security
- Internet of Things Security and Privacy
Feel free to stop by his office 061 Sudikoff, and he is happy to talk about a wide range of topics!
Prashant earned his M.S in computer science from Dartmouth College, NH, USA (June 2017) and B.E in computer science and engineering from College of Engineering, Guindy -- Anna University in Chennai, India (May 2015) (Ranked #9 in India -- https://www.nirfindia.org/2019/EngineeringRanking.html).
- October 2020: Prashant's IoTHound paper won the Best Paper Award at IoT'20 originally to be held at Malmo Sweden!
- July 2020: Prashant will be serving as the Local Chair for NSPW 2020.
- June 2020: Our paper on fingerprinting IoT devices was accepted at the IoT Conference originally scheduled to be held in Malmo, Sweden.
- January 2020: 3 papers accepted at LangSec 2020!
- October 2019: Prashant and team won an Honourable Mention Award for the Top 3 papers at IoT 2019 in Bilbao, Spain.
- ... more